ICV identifies and empowers change makers who have character, courage and commitment to lead projects that create systemic change. We form unlikely strategic partnerships, employ innovative financing solutions, and leverage our convening power to amplify impact.
ICV is pleased to announce the launch of the ICV Donor-Advised Program as a series of donor-advised funds for our catalytic projects:
Afya: Strengthening African Health Systems
Back from the Brink: A Call to Prevent Nuclear War
Every Breath Counts
New Era World Model: Empowering Communities, Enabling Sustainability
Omnis Institute: Women’s Health, Displacement and Policy
One Humanity Institute: A City of Hope
Until Every Cancer is Cured
The ICV Donor-Advised Program provides impact-oriented philanthropists a new way to allocate tax-deductible, donated capital to projects, with the benefits of transparency, simplified recordkeeping and legacy planning support. Donors can make an up-front donation and receive a tax-deduction in the year they make the donation, and funds are allocated by project and managed to potentially grow, tax-free.
Through the ICV Donor-Advised Program, philanthropists can:
- Inspire hope and build peace
- End extreme poverty
- Improve nutrition and create sustainable food systems
- Preserve and protect natural ecosystems, animal wildlife and human rights
- Promote economic opportunities for local communities
- Inspire youth to become educationally proficient, economically productive, and socially responsible members of their communities
- Present tools for positive change and as a positive alternative to destructive patterns of development
- Advance breakthrough innovations and technologies for the treatment of HIV/AIDS and to save lives at birth
“Plenty of billionaires are still buying sports teams, building yachts and donating to museums and hospitals. But many new philanthropists appear less interested in naming a business school after themselves than in changing the world.”
– The New York Times, October 20, 2017
With access to nearly 20,000 family offices and fund investors, governments and academia, we leverage our convening power to support the development of our projects and turn ideas into action.
An Innovative Approach from Outside the Nonprofit Sector
The ICV Donor Advised Program is managed by sophisticated investment professionals with more than 20 years of experience on average who know how to unlock financing and leverage networks to create scalable solutions with measurable impact.
- Allocate capital on behalf of family offices for more than a decade
- Serve on the boards of private, grant-making foundations
- Manage large pools of institutional capital
- Lead corporate boards towards performance and efficiency, stewarding strategic planning and risk management
- Deep analytical experience to assess social impact and measurement of outcomes
- Craft international engagement strategies for business interests abroad
” Those who manage the ICV Donor-Advised Program are experienced investment professionals.
We understand the importance of transparency, the risk of style drift, and the value of allocating time, capital and resources to achieve specific objectives, where performance can be measured. At the end of the day, at the end of our lives, we will ask ourselves whether we could have done more for the health and well-being of the planet, of humanity and all living things. Much like achieving the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030 is ambitious and will require multiple stakeholder engagement, the catalytic projects of ICV are ambitious. Combining the power of money with the power of compassion can complete these projects on a scale where we can say in confidence, ‘never again.’ We invite you to join us as a new kind of philanthropist, to leverage your charitable giving to catalyze social change.”
– Robert Smith, Founder of ICV