ICV identifies and empowers change makers who have character, courage and commitment to lead projects that create systemic change. We form unlikely strategic partnerships, employ innovative financing solutions, and leverage our convening power to amplify impact.
The ICV Donor-Advised Program provides impact-oriented philanthropists a new way to allocate tax-deductible, donated capital to projects, with the benefits of transparency, simplified recordkeeping and legacy planning support. Donors can make an up-front donation and receive a tax-deduction in the year they make the donation, and funds are allocated by project and managed to potentially grow, tax-free.
An Innovative Approach from Outside the Nonprofit Sector
The ICV Donor Advised Program is managed by sophisticated investment professionals with more than 20 years of experience on average who know how to unlock financing and leverage networks to create scalable solutions with measurable impact.
- Allocate capital on behalf of family offices for more than a decade
- Serve on the boards of private, grant-making foundations
- Manage large pools of institutional capital
- Lead corporate boards towards performance and efficiency, stewarding strategic planning and risk management
- Deep analytical experience to assess social impact and measurement of outcomes
- Craft international engagement strategies for business interests abroad
” Those who manage the ICV Donor-Advised Program are experienced investment professionals.
We understand the importance of transparency, the risk of style drift, and the value of allocating time, capital and resources to achieve specific objectives, where performance can be measured. At the end of the day, at the end of our lives, we will ask ourselves whether we could have done more for the health and well-being of the planet, of humanity and all living things. Much like achieving the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030 is ambitious and will require multiple stakeholder engagement, the catalytic projects of ICV are ambitious. Combining the power of money with the power of compassion can complete these projects on a scale where we can say in confidence, ‘never again.’ We invite you to join us as a new kind of philanthropist, to leverage your charitable giving to catalyze social change.”
– Robert Smith, Founder of ICV
Catalytic Philanthropy Projects
The ICV Donor-Advised Program is a series of donor-advised funds for our catalytic projects, each led by an experienced team who have the character, courage and commitment to solving the world’s greatest challenges. Conducting large-scale interviews and clarifying risks and opportunities, we operate on the ground to facilitate essential research and engage with community leaders to establish sustainable solutions.
Through the ICV Donor-Advised Program, philanthropists can allocate their capital in a conscious way to:
- Invest in proof-of-concept studies that typically go unfunded through traditional government and industry sources; fuel early stage investigators in cancer research and support the next generation of cancer researchers and clinicians who hope to write the final chapters of the story that puts cancer into the history books.
- Catalyze investment in innovations and breakthrough technologies that target the leading killer of children under 5 as part of an overall effort to save women’s and children’s lives.
- Support critical research focused on solutions to the health disparities in both refugee camps and urban refugee communities.
- End child marriage, modern slavery, human trafficking with an emphasis on sex trafficking, and violence against women and children.
- Employ a strategy to help Americans understand (1) the enormity of the destruction that nuclear war will cause; (2) the great and increasing danger that nuclear weapons will be used; and (3) the reality that nuclear weapons are the greatest threat to our health, safety, and security.
- Build a City of Hope, where visitors experience the stark realities of the past alongside models of transformation for a culture of sustainable peace and the uniting of humanity. Present tools for positive change and as a positive alternative to destructive patterns of development.
- Build peace, sustainable agricultural and health systems, and flourishing communities empowered by decent work, gender equality and security.
- Build economically empowered, socially responsible and environmentally sustainable communities while maintaining their cultural dignity and natural identity.
- Open hearts, engage the intellect and unify the people of the world. Join 3-day music festival that synergistically combines events from the past, present and future through music, discourse and action.
- Support the cleanup of The Ganges River, worshipped by more than 1 billion people and the source of water for more than 400 million people.
“Plenty of billionaires are still buying sports teams, building yachts and donating to museums and hospitals. But many new philanthropists appear less interested in naming a business school after themselves than in changing the world.”
– The New York Times, October 20, 2017
With access to nearly 20,000 family offices and fund investors, governments and academia, we leverage our convening power to support the development of our projects and turn ideas into action.
Family Offices and Institutional Investors: 17,106
CEOs of Private and Public Companies: 2,407
Non-government and non-profit: 388
A Closer View by Region
Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and United States.
* as of January 1, 2018